Dear colleagues,

I just wanted to let you know about a new(ish) website that seeks to broaden the range of thinkers and ideas used within social theory to include those from around the world.

The website is Global Social Theory

It is intended as a free resource for students, teachers, academics, and others interested in social theory and wishing to understand it in global perspective. It emerges from a long-standing concern with the parochiality of standard perspectives on social theory and seeks to provide an introduction to a variety of theorists and theories from around the world. The particular impetus for the setting up of the site was the recent campaign organised by students in the UK asking ‘Why is my curriculum white?‘

Please feel free to use the site, to contribute to it, and to spread information about it! We particularly welcome suggestions and offers to contribute to the site - it is a collaborative venture and very much relies on people participating in the project to build it.

Best wishes,

Gurminder

Gurminder K Bhambra | Professor and Research Director | Department of Sociology, University of Warwick

Guest Professor | Concurrences Centre for Colonial and Postcolonial Studies, Linnaeus University, Sweden

Discover Society | online magazine of social research, policy analysis and commentary | Global Social Theory | free resource highlighting global theorists and theories | Open access version of my new monograph | Connected Sociologies