Hi everyone -
 it really does need  a multi pronged approach and yes it  will not happen over night but if the commitment is there - then maybe the time is now- use of films is a great idea too - We have created a Masters program  aligned to the maternity reform agenda - providing the how to  for midwives / managers/ wanting to transition to a woman centred primary maternity care model offering continuity of care We have used a film to demonstrate to midwives - using midwives what the program hopes to achieve
Why Midwives want to study a Primary Maternity Care Program

So I agree lets come together pull the resources evidence studies etc to create the environment needed to make this work

Best wishes
Mary

Associate Professor  Mary Sidebotham
Director  Primary Maternity Care Programs
School of Nursing and Midwifery, Logan Campus
Griffith University
Ph 338 21378
M 0434932303
LO5 Room 3.30
Member Maternity and Family Unit Centre for Health Practice Innovation  |  Menzies Health Institute
Associate Editor Nurse Education in Practice
Visiting Associate Professor| Gold Coast University Hospital

Midwifery@Griffith: Leading the wayuTransforming lives
Facebook for Midwifery at Griffith available at:https://www.facebook.com/MidwiferyGriffithUniversity

I acknowledge the Traditional Custodians and the ancestors of the land on which I tread and respect the Elders and their cultural obligations to Community and Country