Hi,

I thought I'd quickly share some experience from many years ago.

I worked at the first consumer targeted VR company - went on to become a
listed company.

One of the things that never seems to get mentioned "these days" is the
hygiene issue.

If you are allowing multiple users to use the same headgear then it's vital
to have someone available to thoroughly clean the kit after it is used.
This might sound a little like overkill, but even if it is not a health and
safety requirement now - IT WILL BE at some point.

Also - I've seen lots of VR apps running recently and very few of them
actually do what they should.

Looking at a small monitor behind lenses can provide an interesting
experience, but certainly not to the level that it becomes important.

One of the key areas for VR to overcome is the fact that users will not
move their heads.  Until VR programmers actually come up with a concept
that requires users to actually look up, down and behind them the
experience will be just a novelty.

Of course, when users actually start to move their heads you have the
problem of users bumping in to each other. I wonder when the first law suit
will be filed for a VR injury.

Not sure if this adds to the thread, but thought I'd post anyway.

Simon

Simon Richardson

SHUFDY

shufdy.com