Hi all,

Another useful site for listening is Clavis Sinica, who have some audio texts, particularly a “Chinese Voices project’ that i have found useful for Pre-U Mandarin.

On a related note, for those of you teaching Chinese History as part of the Pre-U Mandarin Course, Sovereign education were going to run an AS/A2 study day on the Emergence of Mao’s China in London, which pretty much ties in with the Pre-U history syllabus. Unfortunately they had too few takers, so cancelled the event, but may run in towards the end of the year. This is the link to the course: http://www.sovereigneducation.co.uk/courses/history/the-emergence-of-maos-china/

If you are interested, please do get in touch with either them directly, or email me so that I can give them some idea of who to contact if the event does go ahead later in the year. They were not aware they had a potential audience outside of history departments.

Liz
City of London School for Girls