各位老师,你们好!

   我叫郭佳琪,感谢您在百忙之中抽空阅读我的邮件。我目前是剑桥大学教育系二语教育的哲学硕士,目前在找六位中文老师做访问与课堂观察。我的论文方向是关于在英的汉语教师对汉语教学的看法及认知。恳请各位给予支持。

以下是大概的要求及步骤:

  受访人条件:有在中国及英国大中小学的教学经验

  时间:Spring term 2016 (最理想是在三月)

  补偿:真抱歉,因为我的论文项目是没有资助的,所以没办法提供任何资金物质上的补偿。但是如果您有机会来剑桥玩,请给我机会一尽地主之谊。

  步骤:
  第一步:一个小时左右的采访 (以围绕您对教学经历自述为主)

  第二步:两次课堂观察 (最理想的是两个不同级别的班级)

  第三步:一个小时左右的采访 (以围绕您的教学方法为主)

  课堂观察及采访都需要录音,但是对所有资料完全是保密的,没有人会从论文里推论出研究是哪个学校,或者和哪位老师进行的。这一点,还请您放心。

  当然,我会和贵系的负责人联系征得他们的许可,但是我想先得到您个人的同意。

  我知道您的工作量非常大,我的研究会给您带来一些工作外的负担。我有8年的教学经验,所以我可以尽量不对您的工作造成影响。

    我已附上研究提案,以供参考。如果有任何疑问,请您随时与我联系。您可以通过我的邮箱 [log in to unmask] 或者电话07875 769414 与我联系。

    万分感谢!

祝好!
佳琪

Dear laoshimen,

Thank you for taking the time to read my email.

My name is Jiaqi Guo. I am a MPhil student at the Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge. I am carrying out a research study to investigate UK based Chinese teachers’ beliefs in teaching approaches.

I hope my research findings will help inform TCFL teacher education and teacher training material development, by helping to ensure teachers’ personal background and cognition development are taken more fully into account.

I am writing to ask if you would be willing to give permission for me to carry out classroom observation of Chinese lessons that you teach.

This study would involve my presence in the classroom in order to observe and make notes of how lessons are taught. If possible I would like to observe two lessons given by the same teacher at two different levels. Having worked myself as a Chinese teacher for the last eight years, four of which have been in posts at UK universities, I can assure you I would be extremely careful to cause no disruption to the class or the teacher.

I also plan to audio-record the lessons and conduct an interview with the teachers to explore their views about foreign language teaching.However research will be treated absolutely confidentially and all information will be used anonymously. Therefore the findings and research results will not be able to be linked to any individual participant in the study. There is no known potential risk that for participants in this study. Unfortunately, there will be no financial compensation for participation. I am more than happy to provide a debriefing at the end of my project if you are interested.

Many thanks in advance for your consideration of this project. Please find the consent form attached. Please let me know if you need more information. Please feel free to contact me on 07875 769414 or [log in to unmask].

Yours sincerely,

Jiaqi  Guo