** With apologies for cross-posting **

Special Collections Assistant

The Foyle Special Collections Library at King’s College London holds upwards of 180,000 items, ranging in date from the 15th to the 21st century and spanning the humanities, sciences and social sciences. We are looking for a Special Collections Assistant to join our team.

Duties will include processing and shelving items, assisting in the supervision of the reading room and in the provision of an enquiry service, cataloguing items, assisting with dissemination and user education activities, including our programme of exhibitions and group visits; assisting in the delivery of our digitisation strategy; and assisting with general library housekeeping and administration. We are looking for candidates with previous library experience and a proven interest in special collections librarianship. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to combine speed with accuracy and to meet challenging targets and the ability to work effectively in a team are all essential.

This is a full-time permanent post. An appointment will be made, dependent on relevant qualifications and experience, within the King’s College London Grade 3 scale, currently £19,828 to £22,912 per annum plus £2,323 per annum London Allowance.

The closing date for the receipt of applications is Monday 7 March.

For further details and a link to the application portal, please visit the King’s College London vacancies website at:

https://www.hirewire.co.uk/HE/1061247/MS_JobDetails.aspx?JobID=67072

Please note that this is a re-advertisement; previous applicants need not re-apply.

If you have any questions or would like an informal discussion of the post, please contact Adam Ray, Special Collections Manager, at [log in to unmask]

Please do forward this email to any colleagues you think might be interested.

Best wishes,

Katie Sambrook

====

Katie Sambrook