From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frances Hendrix
Sent: 10 February 2016 17:27
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Do they know how many libraries will have gone?

“Half a million pounds of new funding for libraries” http://www.artscouncil.org.uk/news/arts-council-news/half-million-pounds-newfunding-libraries/ (Source: Public Libraries News, 7 Feb 2016) “To coincide with National Libraries Day (6 February 2016), today we are announcing further investment in a range of initiatives as part of our development role with library services across England.” · “£300,000 will be invested over the next two years in partnership with the Society of Chief Librarians, to support the development of their ‘Universal Offers’ for libraries. · £240,000 will be invested in partnership with the Wellcome Trust towards developing the Universal Health Offer delivered by the Reading Agency with the Society of Chief Librarians. · £30,000 of investment to support collaboration between library services in Greater Manchester. This includes the launch of a new Greater Manchester Library Card, enabling users to borrow books from other libraries across the region.”

Frances Hendrix

Martin House Farm, Hilltop Lane, Whittle le Woods, Chorley, Lancs, PR6 7QR

Tel:  01257 274 833.   Mobile: 0777 55 888 03