Dear all,

Please see below for information on the next Scottish Autism Research Group (SARG) free one-day seminar on Fri 26th Feb. Note that there is no cost for seminar registration.

Best wishes

Katie Cebula

(SARG Committee)

We are please to announce that registration is now open for our second annual one-day research seminar, since our 2015 re-launch.

The theme of the seminar is Autism Continued… adulthood and ageing. This is a ‘sequel’ to our 2015 re-launch seminar which had the title: Lifespan development in autism: from embryo to employee. The seminar will feature talks from a series of speakers from Scotland and elsewhere in the UK, as well as a keynote from award-winning and internationally-renowned Professor Pat Howlin. She will be speaking about her ground-breaking work following people with autism over four decades to trace early influences on their adult experiences.

The event will take place at the University of Glasgow in the Senate Room*, University Avenue, on Friday 26th February and registration will open at 9.45am. Further details of the day are in the attached flyer, which we encourage you to circulate to colleagues and post on departmental noticeboards. You can also see the draft programme and more information on the SARG website: http://www.sarg.ed.ac.uk/events/adulthood-and-ageing/

www.sarg.ed.ac.uk
Scottish Autism Research Group The Moray House School of Education The University of Edinburgh Holyrood Rd Edinburgh EH8 8AQ. Map

To register please *DO NOT* reply to this email or complete an online form.  Instead, please email [log in to unmask] stating your name, location, and professional or personal interest (e.g. researcher, clinician, parent, autistic person). This is so we can understand the balance of representation within the audience on the day.

Please note that places are limited and in 2015 we had a waiting list of more than forty people. Places will be allotted at the committee’s discretion, partially on a first come first served basis, but also with regard paid to ensuring a balance of representation within the audience. Seminar attendees will be asked to register at the start of the day and late-comers will not be admitted - please therefore only register if you know you are able to attend the full day.

*For details about the venue please visit: http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/cvso/conferenceevents/venues/senateroom/