Dear Colleagues,

Due to popularity and high levels of interest, two of our three cohorts for our Diversifying Academic Leadership programme<http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/programmes-events/programmes/diversifying-academic-leadership-in-he.cfm> running this academic year are now fully booked.

The good news is we still have limited spaces available on our London<http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/programmes-events/index.cfm/diversifying-academic-leadership-london> cohort starting on 21 April. As a reminder this programme is aimed at early career academics from black and minority ethnic backgrounds who are preparing for or about to take their first step into applying for a senior role - or aspire to a leadership role.

If this is you, make sure to apply now<http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/programmes-events/index.cfm/diversifying-academic-leadership-london> to avoid disappointment. If you know of any colleagues who would be interested in this, please forward this on to them.

See below for more information. For any questions, contact Simone at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> or call 020 3468 4826.

Are you a BME early career academic about to take your first step into, apply for or aspiring to a senior leadership role? Then our Diversifying Academic Leadership<http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/programmes-events/programmes/diversifying-academic-leadership-in-he.cfm> Programme is for you.

The programme has been developed in response to feedback from our recent BME Leadership in HE Summit that took place last July. Participants, drawn from across the UK, said that more could be done to support the career progression of BME staff working in higher education, including  development activities aimed at the start of the talent pipeline to encourage more early career academics to consider and apply for leadership roles. The programme<http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/programmes-events/programmes/diversifying-academic-leadership-in-he.cfm> aims to help you realise your leadership ambitions and progress your career.

What will the programme cover?

?      Demystifying Leadership: Explore leadership concepts, various elements of leadership and your role as a leader

?      Increasing visibility

?      Authentic Leadership: Explore the concept of 'authentic leadership' and identify your leadership style

?      Cultural Identity and Cultural Capital:

?      Power and Influence: Motivations and influences

?      Sponsors and Mentors: Develop strategies for working effectively with mentors and sponsors

You will explore the themes through face-to-face workshops, self-organised action learning sets, online resources and leadership stories from sector leaders. You will also have the space to discuss issues relating to your experiences of working in the HE sector.

Dates, Location and Fees
Location

London<http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/programmes-events/index.cfm/diversifying-academic-leadership-london>

Dates

Thursday 21 April 2016
Thursday 19 May 2016
Thursday 23 June 2016

Fee

Members ?1450
Non Members ?1810

Booking a place
For guidance on the application process, and to book a place, see here<http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/en/programmes-events/index.cfm/diversifying-academic-leadership-london>.

Simone Cohen
Marketing and Communications Manager
Leadership Foundation for Higher Education
Peer House, 8-14 Verulam Street
London WC1X 8LZ

My working days are: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday

T: 020 3468 4826
www.lfhe.ac.uk<http://www.lfhe.ac.uk/>

Follow us on Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/LFHEMarketing>
Visit our Blog<LFHEBlog.com>