Perhaps a debate. I would be happy to contribute. We could also include some BME students/SU

Chijioke

From: Higher Education Race Action Group alerts and communications [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Stevenson, Jacqueline [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 3rd HERAG Think Tank: June 20th 2016- Call for proposals and save the date

Colleagues
Maybe with all the discussion about naming the attainment gap we should submit an idea to have a session at the think tank event?

Jacqueline

On 22 Feb 2016, at 17:37, McDuff, Nona P <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear HERAG members

We are delighted to invite you to submit a proposal for the 3rd HERAG Think Tank which will take place on Monday 20th June 2016 at Woburn House in London.

The Think Tank is titled ‘Creating inclusive learning and teaching is a function of the culture of the academic, the culture of the student and the culture of the institution’ and will explore for example the inclusive curriculum, services for students, diversifying the academy, belonging and intersectionality. Details are provided in the attached documents.

Please do share this invitation with colleagues who are interested in equality and diversity, learning and teaching, services for students and widening participation.

Best wishes from

Nona, Min and Kevin

On behalf of HERAG

<image004.png>

Nona McDuff   MSc  Cert Education

Director of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion I Vice Chancellor's Office

Project Lead for the Higher Education Academy collaboration on the BME attainment gap

Chair of the Higher Education Race Action Group

Executive Board Member of Kingston’s Race and Equalities Council

Member of the London Higher Diversity in Leadership Project Steering Group

Member of Leadership Foundation Diversity Advisory Group

Kingston University London53-57 High Street I  Kingston upon Thames  I Surrey I KT1 1LQ
T 020 8417 4494 I Internal 64494 I  [log in to unmask] I www.kingston.ac.uk

 <image001.jpg>

Information in this email and any attachments are confidential, and may not be copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally binding contract or other commitment through the use of this email.

<HERAG 2016 Call for proposals.docx>
<HERAG-2016 proposal form.docx>