From: Higher Education Race Action Group alerts and communications [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Kevin Coutinho
Sent: 15 February 2016 16:35
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Religion/Belief and Race Intersectionality

Dear Colleagues,

It was very good to see so many of you at last week's HERAG meeting.

Discussions at the November 2015 meeting highlighted the increasing importance of intersectionality between race and religion/belief.  As the overlaps and context evolve, HERAG will continue to encourage further sharing of practice on religion/belief and race.

At last week's meeting we had an interesting discussion on Prevent and the role that E&D practitioners have at institutional levels in supporting or developing responses.  We will continue to seek colleagues' input on these issues and request that any examples of good or evolving practice are shared at future meetings.  This will enable a clearer understanding of sector-wide practice and the identification of best practice.

I would like to thank those colleagues who shared their insights on this and other discussions topics and look forward to seeing many of you at the conference in June.

With warm regards,

Kevin

Kevin S. M. Coutinho
Equality & Diversity and