Dear GIS-UK-ers

AGILE, is the European GIS association (http://www.agile-online.org). It runs a great conference every year (this year in Helsinki - http://www.agile-online.org/index.php/conference/conference-2016 - you may just squeeze a late abstract in for a short paper - deadline yesterday!) and heavily supports young researchers. Institutional membership is cheap (€270 per year) and researchers from member institutes get heavy conference discounts.

AGILE has a PhD school series that generally runs every 2 years. AGILE pays for the accommodation and travel for around 20 attendees. Previous schools have been in Paris, Frauenwörth, Wernigerode (both Germany) and as the sole UK rep on the AGILE council, I thought it would be good if one could be hosted in the UK (while we are still in the EU!)

So if you and your organisation are interested in hosting the 2017 School, please could you contact me? I am more than happy to chat further about this - my contact details are below.

Cheers, Lex

Prof. Alexis Comber
Chair in Spatial Data Analytics
School of Geography