Dear all,

The next King's German Studies Research Seminar on Wednesday 2 March will be a joint seminar hosted in conjunction with the Departments of Comparative Literature, French, and Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies at King's. Please find details of the seminar below. All welcome!

Wednesday 2 March, 2016: 4.30-6.00pm, S-1.27 (first basement Strand Building, Strand, WC2R 2LS)

César Domínguez, University of Santiago de Compostela

‘World Literature and the Law’

When talking about world literature, a key question seems to have been overlooked: How does the reader obtain access to the book in a physical sense? It is clear I am talking about circulation, which is in fact a key word when approaching world literature. In this talk I will argue that on or about 1838 the history of 'world' literature changed. Persuasive evidence in this regard comes through a triangulation of circulation as a key feature of world literature, books’ physicality and Eurocentrism.

Forthcoming King's German Research Seminars:

Wednesday 23 March, 2016: 12.30-2pm, 6.01 (Virginia Woolf Building)

Dora Osborne, Durham University

‘Archive as Memorial/Memorial as Archive in German Memory Culture’

Dr Katya Krylova

Teaching Fellow in German

Department of German

King’s College London

Room 5.10 Virginia Woolf Building
22 Kingsway
London WC2B 6LE

+44 (0)20 7848 2167

Office hours: Thursday 17:30-18:30, Friday 14:30-15:30

Secretary, Women in German Studies (WIGS)

WIGS online: Website Blog Twitter Facebook