From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Lisa Kerley <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 1:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Home Education Groups

Surely as a home schooler the child's parent is their 'teacher' and on this basis I find it hard to justify excluding them from the learning experience.

Also, there would be variation in age if you came as a family group of your own free will - families generally cope with catering to the needs of 4 and 11 year olds together.

I have a lot of experience in delivering workshops using museum objects for adults and children with a whole range of learning disabilities which forces you to adapt in new ways every time and cater for a wide range of abilities within one group , all of whom engage in the session but in slightly different ways.

I think flexibility is the key word here.

Lisa