Can you collate answers, please, as I am having to look in to it too (and probably others are)

Csathy

Education Officer
London Canal Museum

From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Clifton Suspension Bridge Visitor Centre <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 3:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Lone working policy?

Dear GEMmers –

We have an increasing number of volunteers on site at odd hours and we would like to make sure that everyone is safe and secure, especially if they might be in our retail space, where they could be operating the till (e.g.: at the end of an evening tour). Does anyone have a lone working policy which we could take a look at?

We have an unofficial ‘buddy system’ for the front desk which I would like to be able to reinforce - and I also need to make sure that those who are operating equipment/demos which need to be supervised for safety reasons (badge machines, bits of bridge which need to be handled with gloves due to lead paint, etc) know why they shouldn’t leave their posts, but swap with another person instead.

(Safeguarding is covered in another document – this one is more about general safety of Visitor Team and public.)

Thanks for all of your help!

Laura Hilton

Visitor Services Manager

Clifton Suspension Bridge Trust

Bridge Road, Leigh Woods, Bristol BS8 3PA

0117 974 4664

www.cliftonbridge.org.uk

www.cliftonbridge.org.uk
The Clifton Suspension Bridge, spanning the picturesque Avon Gorge, is the symbol of the city of Bristol. For almost 150 years this Grade I listed structure has ...

Facebook: www.facebook.com/brunelsbridge

Twitter: www.twitter.com/brunelsbridge