Dear All,

Apologies for raising the freelance rates issue again, but I'd appreciate gaining a consensus perspective.

There is a freelance position currently advertised at £26,000 pa for a 3-day week, on a two-year contract.

There isn't a day rate or contract value anywhere in the advert, just a long list of fairly serious responsibilities, and I've not been able to confirm anything other than the annual salary.

So, basic maths suggests a day rate of £100.

Is this reasonable, given the position extends over two years? Or unreasonable, given the freelancer will have to pay all the NI, insurance, pension etc over that time while the employer doesn't have that responsibility?

Calm, considered responses appreciated!

Kind regards,

Sorcha

PS - the position is Heritage Lottery funded