From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Matthew Webster <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 11:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] fslnvols error from dual regression

Hello Melissa,
  Unfortunately we have no experience with running the current version of FSL under cygwin, as it is no longer a supported platform. Our recommended solution for FSL on Windows is to use a virtual machine: please see

for the full instructions on how to download and configure a VM for your system.

Files like fslmaths, fsl_glm are binary data rather than scripts, and no attempt should be made to modify them with a text editor, as this could easily corrupt the files.

Hope this helps,
Kind Regards
Matthew

Hello Matthew,

I just use cigwin as the portal to get connected into VNC viewer and then run the scripts on the terminals. No, this FSL version was downloaded and adapted to this computer. Is there a way to reload these files, for instance: flsmaths, fslnvolvs, fsl_glm, fslmerge, fslsplit? When I tried to open one of these files through gedit, I get a message:

"The file you opened has some invalid characters. If you continue editing this file you could corrupt this document. You can also choose another character encoding and try again."

Is there a way to edit this files the right way in order to try to run dual_regression again?

Thank you,

-Melissa H.