From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Greg Burgess [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 5:26 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] FIX and Motion Regression

Hi Valerio,

Can you explain a bit more what you're trying to accomplish? Are you trying to regress motion parameters from the timeseries BEFORE running FIX?

As you say in your original email, "I believe that motion is a strong confound in the analysis and in the scoring of the components into good or bad." Given that signal related to motion is a strong factor in the ability of the FIX classifier to distinguish good and bad components, are you sure that you want to risk affecting the performance of the FIX classifier by removing those motion-related signals?

--Greg

Greg Burgess, Ph.D.
Staff Scientist, Human Connectome Project
Department of Neuroscience
Phone: 314-362-7864
Email: [log in to unmask]