Dear Maria,

I would like to motion-correct the initial image so that I can quantify the motion correction effect independently from the eddy distortion correction.

I am afraid I can’t think of an easy way to do that of the top of my head.

If you want to do it the by generating RB matrices similarly to http://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/EDDY/Faq#Will_eddy_rotate_my_bevcs_for_me.3F
you need to also include the translations (which is not needed for rotation of bvecs). You also need to know that the rotation-centre for eddy is the geometric centre of the volumes.

Right now we are working on extending eddy to intra-volume movement, which will make it even harder for external software to interpret the parameters from eddy. Instead we will aim att supplying tools that will use these parameters in the ways we can foresee people wanting to use them.

Jesper