Dear all,
Hello

In my fMRI experiment, each stimuli have two feature: background type (four different background) and Go/Nogo type. e.g. one stimuli can have craving background and belong to go category and etc.

I wanted to know how can I examine the effect of go-nogo on background type. i.e. I want to know if craving-go is processed differently than craving-nogo

I have tried two design till now:
1- 4(number of different background)*2(go or nogo)=8 different regressors and then using simple contrast between those belonging to drug_nogo and drug_go

2- 6 simple regressor (4 regressor for each background and 2 for go and nogo). then I have defined two interaction regressor. interaction between "go and craving" and "nogo and craving". the I have compared these two interaction regressors.

first I am not clear as what is different between these two.
second do you have any other suggestion?

Regards,
Ashkan
Ashkan Faghiri
MSc student of Bioelectrical Engineering
Department of Electrical Engineering
Sharif University of Technology