******** APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTING ********

I am passing on some news from Annual Reviews that I believe will be of
interest to readers of Eye-Movement.

Annual Reviews has recently launched a new journal that reviews progress in
the field of Vision Science. This journal will be an important resource for
anyone wishing to understand vision in health and disease as it
integrates a broad set of connected disciplines including psychology,
neuroscience, computer science, cell biology and genetics, and clinical
medicine. The *Annual Review of Vision Science *will cover topics
and techniques including optics, the retina, central visual processing,
visual perception, eye movements, visual development, vision models,
computer vision, and the mechanisms of visual disease, dysfunction, and
sight restoration.

It is also worth mentioning that the first volume will be freely available
online until November 2016 at  vision.annualreviews.org

Full details are in the press release below or online at
http://www.annualreviews.org/page/about/news-and-events; do get in touch
with me, or with Jenni at Annual Reviews (contact info given at the end) if
you need any more information.

Kind regards,

Rebecca Hare

Rebecca Hare

Marketing Assistant

Tel: +44 (0)1865 875896

Web: www.tbicommunications.com

Twitter: @tbicomms <http://www.twitter.com/tbicomms>

Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/beccahare

TBI Communications Limited is a limited company registered in England and
Wales.

Registered number: 5375015.

Registered office: 62 Church Road, Wheatley, Oxford. Oxfordshire. OX33 1LZ,
UK

——————————————————————————

*Press Release*

*New Vision Science Journal offers Multi-Disciplinary Review Articles*

Palo Alto, CA – February 18, 2016.

Non-profit publisher Annual Reviews has invited leading authorities to
synthesize and analyze research across a broad range of disciplines for
more than 85 years. It gives us great pleasure to announce the first volume
of the Annual Review of Vision Science. This journal reviews progress in
the field of vision science, integrating psychology, neuroscience, computer
science, cell biology and genetics, and clinical medicine. A broad range of
topics and techniques is covered, including optics, the retina, central
visual processing, visual perception, eye movements, visual development,
vision models, computer vision, and the mechanisms of visual disease,
dysfunction, and sight restoration.

The Annual Review of Vision Science is co-edited by J. Anthony Movshon,
Professor of Neural Science and Psychology at New York University, and
Brian A. Wandell, faculty Professor and Director of Stanford University’s
Center for Cognitive and Neurobiological Imaging. “The diversity of
disciplines in vision science is reflected in the large and excellent
collection of specialty journals, along with the many outlets for vision
science in higher-profile general science journals,” said
Professor Movshon. “The variety of journals, however, makes it hard to
assemble a broad and integrated view of our field.”

Professor Wandell continued, “We are therefore proud to present
the Annual Review of Vision Science. The journal aims to reflect the
field’s crosscutting set of disciplines. Our Editorial Committee
commissions reviews that present such a view and, when placed together,
trace several of the long arcs that link our field.”

Richard Gallagher, President and Editor-in-Chief of Annual Reviews,
commented, “The role of Annual Reviews is to accelerate the knowledge of
researchers, efficiently connecting them to the wider literature and
identifying the information most critical to them. The Annual Review
of Vision Science is an important new resource for vision scientists that
will share their insights with everyone seeking to understand vision in
health and disease.”

Selected topics in the inaugural volume:

- Scientific and engineering advances in understanding retinal image
formation, and the clinical applications of this information.

- Genetic, optogenetic, and neurobiological measurements to measure and
manipulate the retina.

- Progress in understanding retinal function and development.

- Study of the brain structures that interpret retinal signals and control
behavior.

- Links between behavior and neurobiology, including eye movements, color
perception, visual adaptation, and three-dimensional perception.

Complimentary online access to the first volume of the journal is available
until November 2016 at vision.annualreviews.org. Interested institutions
that do not have a current online account and would like to
track usage statistics of the complimentary access to the journal may
register with the Sales Department ([log in to unmask]).

-- ENDS –

About Annual Reviews: A non-profit publisher that invites leading
authorities to synthesize and analyze research across a broad range of
disciplines within the Biomedical, Life, Physical, and Social Sciences,
including Economics. Our titles stimulate discussion for the benefit of
scholars and society. To sign up for free journalist access, email your
credentials to [log in to unmask]

Contact:        Jenni Rankin

                       Marketing Manager

                       650-843-6634