Hi all,

I have found the following two papers to be very helpful in teaching my students about shared informed decision-making (though they are not specific to discussions of risk).  I particularly like Figure 1 in Elwyn et al.

1.     Elwyn G, Frosch D, Thomson R, Joseph-Williams N, Lloyd A, Kinnersley P et al. Shared decision making: a model for clinical practice. J Gen Intern Med. 2012;27(10):1361-7.

2.     Hoffmann T, Légaré F, Simmons M, McNamara K, McCaffery K, Trevena LJ et al. Shared decision making: What do clinicians need to know and why should they bother? Med J Aust. 2014;201(1):35-9.

Thanks for the interesting discussion!

Julie

Julie Tilson, PT, DPT, MS, NCS

Associate Professor of Clinical Physical Therapy

University of Southern California

Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy

1540 Alcazar St, CHP155

Los Angeles, CA  90089

Phone: 323-442-1281