How do we achieve a greater proportion of female engineering graduates transitioning to engineering jobs? Just part of the discussion at this first International Symposium on Gender Inclusive Engineering Education

Research and Ideas for Practice

21 & 22 April 2016
Centre for Engineering Education, UCL, London
Join us for this informative and lively symposium on inclusion in engineering education. Our aim is to bring together key researchers and practitioners who are pushing forward the inclusion agenda, from inclusion in engineering design and innovation, course structure and delivery as well as building an inclusive learning environment i.e. culture. The forum will hear how and why gender is and should be included in engineering courses. Have you thought for example about how gender affects car design or wearable technology? How would you teach this?

Please do pass this invitation to participate on to your colleagues and networks. Website url for social media: http://bit.ly/eng_inclusion

The programme includes keynote speakers from Germany and Australia, a student discussion forum and a Pecha Kucha (20 images shown for 20 seconds) session as well as discussion groups. Bring along your own ideas, research and practice. Or simply come to learn and collect examples of good practice. The event is supported by The Royal Academy of Engineering and we shall be producing a summary report.

There is a small charge of £150 that includes attendance and symposium refreshments with an additional charge for the dinner. Register online https://www.ucl.ac.uk/centre-for-engineering-education/inclusivity_symposium.

Participation from academics in higher and further education as well as industry is welcomed.

We look forward to you joining us to help build a more inclusive and diverse profession.

Best wishes

Jan Peters Phd
Symposium Chair and external consultant to UCL Engineering
For further details contact: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> +44 0797 4011278

[cid:image002.png@01D164E7.3B8EC3D0]