Hello All

Can I have some views on a question I’ve been asked please ? We hold lists of local authority contacts which include email addresses.  We are asked by other organisations to share a copy of our lists (these are sizeable lists) – can we ??

My sensible head says yes because all this information is in the public sector – BUT - didn’t the ICO decide that work email addresses are personal data ?? (which I don’t agree with actually)

Some guidance would be gratefully received

Teresa

Teresa Gudge

Information Security & Data Protection Manager ISEB DP, CISM

Information Records Management

Historic England, Room G/60, The Engine House, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2EH

Tel: 07717 800989

Email: [log in to unmask]

We are the public body that looks after England's historic environment. We champion historic places, helping people to understand, value and care for them, now and for the future.
Sign up to our enewsletter to keep up to date with our latest news, advice and listings.

HistoricEngland.org.uk           Twitter: @HistoricEngland

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]