I can't see why explicit consent couldn't be verbally given, but I'd agree that lack of audit trail is unwise.

On 5 February 2016 at 14:36, Gudge, Teresa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Oooooooooo I’d say that verbal consent wasn’t good enough – it has to be explicit with anything to do with health so how is verbal good enough ?

Teresa Gudge

Information Security & Data Protection Manager ISEB DP, CISM

Information Records Management

Historic England, Room G/60, The Engine House, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2EH

Tel: 07717 800989