From: British Black Studies [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Kehinde Andrews [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 31 January 2016 23:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: CfP: Fieldwork: Doing Ethnographic Research Conference 24th June, Birmingham City University

Call for papers

Fieldwork: Doing Ethnographic Research

Friday 24th June, Birmingham City University

Confirmed Keynotes:

Professor Elijah Anderson, Yale University

Professor Karen O’Reilly, Loughborough University

Ethnography is one of the oldest methods in social research and provides unparalleled access to social life. The Centre for Critical Social Research is organising a one day conference that will bring together ethnographers to discuss developments, challenges and the future of the ethnographic method. We are delighted to have confirmed Professor Anderson and Professor O’Reilly who have years of experience working in the field; with the aim of the day to explore approaches, difficulties and novel ways to conduct fieldwork. We invite papers from established and early career academics exploring a range of themes in ethnography. The method has been used across a range of disciplines and we welcome papers from any subject area including but not limited to sociology, anthropology, education, health studies, migration, politics and activist research.

Please send an abstract of no more than 250 words to [log in to unmask] by Friday 25th March.

The cost to attend the conference will be £50 for full time employed; £30 for part time employed and postgraduate students.

Dr Kehinde Andrews

Senior Lecturer in Sociology

School of Social Sciences,

Curzon Building, C334

Birmingham City University

Curzon Street, Birmingham B4 7XG

United Kingdom

(+44) 121 331 5526

Author of Resisting Racism: Race, Inequality and the Black Supplementary School Movement

Chair of Organisation of Black Unity

Co-Chair of Black Studies Association