Resistance to Extraction—CFP extension March 15—Critical Planning Journal UCLA

CPJ is extending our CFP and inviting all forms of submissions on Resistance to Extraction. Extraction evokes manifold meanings of spatial appropriation: natural resource removal, deterritorialization, capital divestment, community displacement, human trafficking, and even the colonial mentality.

Resistance takes multiple forms that demonstrate the existence of alternative worlds, which may range from uncoordinated but profound everyday acts, to territorial and nationalist movements, and in other cases resistance may challenge global capitalism by confronting western paradigms of development and progress.

We welcome submissions from activists, scholars, journalists, artists, students, and professionals in the form of academic analysis, creative writing, poetry, visual art, or film. Size doesn't matter.

The Edward W Soja Prize for Critical Thinking in Urban and Regional Research will be awarded to the best paper, including a cash prize.

https://criticalplanning.squarespace.com/call-for-papers/

--
KENTON CARD
PhD Student