Dear all,

For those planning to attend the Canadian Association of Geographers conference (Halifax, 30th May - 4th June) with interests in craft and making, please take note of the call below.

 - - -

Geographies of Craft and Making

For this session we invite papers that broadly speak to craft and making, their spaces and places.  We are variously interested in exploring the relationships between craft, communities, politics, and practice through a cultural approach, but welcome diverse contributions from across geography.

Possible areas of interest may include:

- Making/craft and citizenship
- Communities of practice
- Spatialities of craft and making
- Materials and practices of making
- Labour and skill
- Vernacular creativity
- Historical geographies of craft and making
- Creative economies

If you are keen on contributing to this session, please email an expression of interest and short description of your contribution to Mia Hunt ([log in to unmask]) and Nicola Thomas ([log in to unmask]) by the 18th of March.

Conference details can be found via http://cag-acg2016.ca/.

Best,
Mia

Mia Hunt, PhD