Hi folks,

For those of you who missed the deadline to submit to the Sexuality
and Space Pre-Conference, fret not! We have some more room for paper
or panel submissions.

The Sexuality and Space Pre-conference will be held in the City
College of San Francisco Civic Centre Campus on March 27th and 28th,
the two days immediately before the AAG. Pre-conference participation
is FREE OF CHARGE. Also, while the CFP below identifies "Queer
Politics and Extra-Marital Affairs" as the overarching theme, papers
related to any aspect of 'Sexuality and Space' are welcome.

Please submit by email to: [log in to unmask] Our absolute final
deadline for submission is February 26th, Friday.

Finally, to give us organizers a sense of how much coffee, tea and
snacks we should order and how many name tag stickers to purchase,
PLEASE do RSVP / register. The City College of San Francisco has also
requested a list of names of attendees for the purpose of building
entry. The RSVP website is really not onerous, as it asks you only
five things: (1) your name, (2) your email address, (3) if you are
planning to attend just one or both days, (4) if you are interested in
submitting a paper, panel, session, and (5) any dietary restrictions.
The RSVP website can be found here.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rybAEYTXcN7xXCM6peG-6811qSk2yM0HYglx4rN1Ifs/viewform?c=0&w=1&fbzx=-2222293719069430190

Queerly yours,
JP

The Sexuality and Space Specialty Group Invites You to the 2016 AAG
Preconference:

Queer Politics and Extra-Marital Affairs
March 27th ? 28th at City College of San Francisco

As part of the upcoming AAG annual meeting to be held in San Francisco
(28 March ? 2 April, 2016), the Sexuality and Space Specialty Group
invites you to join us for our two-day preconference, to be held March
27th and 28th at the City College of San Francisco! Sexual, erotic,
social, and political realities continue to shift around us, from the
violent junctures of trans* women?s lives and US militarism in the
Philippines to the recent British porn bans. Indeed, given the
location of the AAG annual meeting in San Francisco this year, both
the place and time seem ripe to stage collective and collaborative
discussions around geography, sexuality ? both broadly imagined ? and
their intersections

To cultivate a space for both theoretical communion and active
engagement-in-place, this preconference will be organized around a
central theme: Queer Politics and Extra-Marital Affairs. In light of
the recent legalization of same-sex marriage in the US, we ask how
geographers might (re)think the politics of sexuality, intimacy,
desire, and queerness? While sessions of all topics and types are
welcome, we especially encourage sessions that explore these politics,
both inclusive of US legalized same-sex marriage and outside these
topical and national bounds. How are LGBT and queer activists
organizing, at every political scale and arena? What is happening in
San Francisco, itself a flashpoint in US and transnational LGBT
politics? In the spirit of this theme, we will include several events
with local Bay Area political activists, artists, and thinkers,
including collaborators from our hosts at the City College of San
Francisco.

We hope this preconference will offer a space for geographers of all
stripes to engage through the presentation of research, critical
discussion, and casual conversation. To this end, we will be
organizing a mixture of paper sessions, panels, keynote talks,
workshops, and other gatherings. To make this preconference as
engaging and fruitful as possible, we will reduce the number of
concurrent sessions. Also, we especially encourage submissions from
graduate students, post-doctoral and early-career scholars, and
non-traditional scholars and thinkers.

For those interested in contributing to these sessions in whatever
form, or those with and questions, please contact see details below.

See you in San Francisco!