Dear critters,

Apologies for x-posting, but thought the seminar below might be of interest to some.

Best wishes,

Dana

Tyndall Manchester would like to invite you to attend the next talk in our seminar series ‘The carbon and development spaces’ by Dr. Marco Sakai, on Thursday 25th February (room C1, George Begg Building, Sackville Street) at 4.00pm.

The carbon and development spaces
Dr. Marco Sakai, University of Leeds (biography attached)
In the latest UN climate change conference held in Paris, governments all around the world agreed to strengthen efforts to limit the rise in the global average temperature to 1.5°C above pre-industrial levels by the end of the century. While this greater level of ambition is welcomed, it significantly intensifies the need to attain even more drastic changes in our economies and societies. In particular, this increases the challenge of attempting to improve the standards of living of millions of people around the planet (i.e. the development space) within more stringent biophysical limits (i.e. the carbon space). In order to overcome this dual challenge, we require a better understanding of the climate-development nexus and start implementing transformational development pathways that enable a rapid global transition to a low-carbon and more equitable future.

The seminar will take place in room C1, in the George Begg Building on Sackville Street- number 17 on the map here-  http://www.manchester.ac.uk/discover/maps/interactive-map/?id=14

We look forward to seeing you there.  Please feel free to pass this invitation onto any colleagues who may be interested and apologies for any cross-posting.