Dear all,

Apologies for cross-posting

*Fuller Geographies 2016 ‘A nexus for thought and action on participatory
geographies’: Call for Participation*

*Sponsored by the Participatory Geographies Research Group*

Fuller Geographies has sought to provide a space at the RGS-IBG to reflect
upon and take forward discussions on the collective challenges and
opportunities presented to geographers seeking to operate in a
participatory, radical and caring way. In the past we have provided open
spaces – allowing participants to set the agenda collectively – and have
invited activists from ousted the academy to share their ideas and
expertise. This year we aim to provide a nexus for collective thought and
action on a number of pre-determined topics. Ideally, each topic will be
introduced by a short presentation, laying out important questions for
reflection. We welcome submissions of interest to introduce and discuss
particular issues at this year’s conference. Suggested themes include, but
are not limited to:

-          Precarity and academic labour: the struggle of early-career and
beyond

-          Slow scholarship in the neoliberal university (see:
http://acme-journal.org/index.php/acme/article/view/1058/1141)

-          Developing a politics of care and solidarity in our research and
teaching

-          Valuing participation

-          Making the most of PyGyRG (Partciaptory Geographies Research
Group) at your university

-          Against the ongoing neoliberalisation of education

-          Sharing skills and tactics: online resources; workshops; reading
groups; etc.

-          Making our research useful and relevant

Please send a brief outline (max 200 words) of your proposed discussion
topic to [log in to unmask] by February 22nd

--

Sam Halvorsen

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/geography/staff/sam_halvorsen

Secretary, Participatory Geographies Research Group
<http://www.pygyrg.co.uk/>

Latest articles: 'Militant research against-and-beyond itself: critical
perspectives from the university and Occupy London
<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/area.12221/abstract>'

‘Encountering Occupy London: Boundary Making and the Territoriality of
Urban Activism’ <http://epd.sagepub.com/content/33/2/314.abstract>