I think that's a very good point. Last year we moved to a new discovery platform and being part of the working group that looked at configuration was the only way to ensure our display matched our cataloguing standards. A cataloguer's job is getting more technical and demanding every day and it's vital to be informed and to know how to be a useful project team member as well as competent project team leader.

From: CIG E-Forum <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Anastasia Kerameos <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 12 February 2016 14:37
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CIG-E-FORUM] welcome back

Some of the biggest headaches my team has to face are as a direct result of a change of LMS, changing cataloguing standards and changing user expectations happening all at once.  I think at a time like this it’s even more important for cataloguers to make sure they are informed enough and active enough to be able to be part of projects at the planning stage before resources and timescales are set.

Anastasia