Dear Wayne,

this error looks to me like an older version of python is used to run
wattos (one that does not support the modern string formatting yet).

Joren

>>> CCPNMR automatic digest system <[log in to unmask]> 02/05/16
1:14 AM >>>

Topics of the day:

  1. iCing Wattos error (2)

Date:    Thu, 4 Feb 2016 12:15:14 +0000
From:    Wayne Boucher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: iCing Wattos error

Hello,

I haven’t had a definitive reply but it looks like Wattos functionality
is indeed broken in Cing.  The "unknown url type: https” error is likely
the computer missing some library or other to do with ssh.

Wayne

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I also have just had this problem today. But I also couldn't get iCing
to work directly from analysis, I got an "unknown url type: https"
error.
> I submitted the .tgz file created by CCPN to the iCing website and
that worked fine apart from Wattos, where I got the same error message
as Joren and no Wattos reports in the summary.

> Thanks,
>
> Eve
of Joren_Sebastian Retel [[log in to unmask]]
> Sent: 02 February 2016 13:42
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: iCing Wattos error
>
> Dear All,
>
> I tried to run iCing on a project (directly from Analysis) and
everything seems to run properly, except for Wattos.
> If I look in the log, I see the following error:
> ERROR: Failed runWattos by throwable below.
> ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "/local/workspace/cing/python/cing/PluginCode/Wattos.py", line
291, in runWattos
>    return _runWattos(project, ranges=ranges, tmp = tmp,
parseOnly=parseOnly)
>  File "/local/workspace/cing/python/cing/PluginCode/Wattos.py", line
370, in _runWattos
>    if not nmrStar.toNmrStarFile(fullname):
>  File "/local/workspace/cing/python/cing/PluginCode/NmrStar.py", line
36, in toNmrStarFile
>    nTdebug("   using ccpnProject {}".format(self.ccpnProject))
> ValueError: zero length field name in format
>
> and also no Wattos results are shown in the summary. I don't know
whether this has already been reported.

------------------------------

Date:    Thu, 4 Feb 2016 12:42:59 +0000
From:    Vicky Higman <[log in to unmask]>

Hi,

I had issues with the http/https stuff a while back.

Looking at old e-mails, it appears that it is specific to the
precompiled 64-bit Linux version. According to Wayne in Jan 2015: "It
looks like Python compilation is clever enough to sort out SSL libraries

by default, on most systems. That means that the Mac and the 32-bit
Linux builds we ship seem to be ok. But somehow the SSL libraries on our

64-bit computer seem to be in a funny state, likely because there is a
mix of different, incompatible, versions. The system Python on that
machine is ok with https, but not the Python we compiled. I just tried
compiling that again and explicitly setting some SSL paths, but it
failed to link correctly (some odd error).".

Sadly Wayne wasn't able to create a precompiled version that worked, so
I ended up solving the issue by installing CCPN from the source code on
my computer.

Vicky

On 04/02/16 12:15, Wayne Boucher wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I haven’t had a definitive reply but it looks like Wattos
functionality is indeed broken in Cing.  The "unknown url type: https”
error is likely the computer missing some library or other to do with
ssh.

> Wayne
>
>> On 2 Feb 2016, at 14:04, Eve Blumson <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> I also have just had this problem today. But I also couldn't get
iCing to work directly from analysis, I got an "unknown url type: https"
error.
>> I submthat worked fine apart from Wattos, where I got the same error message
as Joren and no Wattos reports in the summary.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Eve
of Joren_Sebastian Retel [[log in to unmask]]
>> Sent: 02 February 2016 13:42
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>> Subject: iCing Wattos error
>>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I tried to run iCing on a project (directly from Analysis) and
everything seems to run properly, except for Wattos.
>> If I look in the log, I see the following error:
>> ERROR: Failed runWattos by throwable below.
>> ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/local/workspace/cing/python/cing/PluginCode/Wattos.py", line
291, in runWattos
>>     return _runWattos(project, ranges=ranges, tmp = tmp,
parseOnly=parseOnly)
>>   File "/local/workspace/cing/python/cing/PluginCode/Wattos.py", line
370, in _runWattos
>>     if not nmrStar.toNmrStarFile(fullname):
>>   File "/local/workspace/cing/python/cing/PluginCode/NmrStar.py",
line 36, in toNmrStarFile
>>     nTdebug("   using ccpnProject {}".format(self.ccpnProject))
>> ValueError: zero length field name in format
>>
>> and also no Wattos results are shown in the summary. I don't know
whether this has already been reported.

>> best regards,
>>
>> Joren

Dr. Victoria A. Higman

School of Chemistry
University of Bristol
Cantock's Close
Bristol BS8 1TS
U.K.

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

http://www.protein-nmr.org.uk

End of CCPNMR Digest - 3 Feb 2016 to 4 Feb 2016 (#2016-17)