Hi Bernhard,

In REFMAC this can be prevented by specifying "MAKE SSbridge No" and
making sure that an SSBOND record for the two unconnected cysteines is
absent in the coordinate file. Cysteine bridge restraints will still be
applied for other SSBOND records.

Best,
Wouter Touw

On 02/09/2016 01:51 PM, Bernhard Rupp (Hofkristallrat a.D.) wrote:
> Hi Fellows,
>
> I have a S-S bond that is probably split and/or radiation damaged, and
> +/- difference density
>
> supports that I break one of the 2 alternate conformations.
>
> In once case I could accomplish this with a separate LINKR statement,
>
> but in another instance the second alternate conformation always
> reconnects again after
>
> refmac refinement, generating again the contradictory difference densities.
>
> How do I explicitly **prevent** a link formation so that they get pushed
> apart?
>
> Thx, BR

> Many plausible ideas vanish at the presence of thought….

Het Radboudumc staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud university medical center is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.