Dear Reza

If I am correct, when you optimize a gene with a company, normally they optimize two things: they change sequence with silent mutation to minimize RNA secondary structures and they change also the sequence to adapt to the host’s codon usage according to tables (see website mentioned by Mark)

The first optimization, RNA secondary structures, is independent of the host organism and probably it may be the most important optimization in a number of genes, explaining why e coli optimization is good for insect cells.

For codon usage, what could be worth is to check if you have in your sequence several rare codons following each other ( using the tables mentioned). If yes, it could explain some problem of expression. Repetition of rare codons could be an issue

Hope it could help

JB

Laboratory of Structural Biology and Radiobiology
I2BC (Institute of Integrated Biology of the Cell)

iBiTec-S (Institute of Biology and Technologies of Saclay)
CEA, Saclay,  Bât 144, room 140D,
91191 Gif-s-Yvette, FRANCE
phone: +33 (0)1 69 08 76 77