Dear fellow WEEL-ers

For a couple of years now I've been running a cross-institutional Classics Reading Group - we get together about once a term and read and discuss a classic book on sociology of work. We have members from a number of institutions across the UK and we meet in altering locations - previously the group met in London, Birmingham, Leeds etc. The books are usually chosen by group members through a majority vote and so are meeting places. The meetings are a great space to meet colleagues, have intellectual debates, explore new ideas and make new friends.

This year we wanted to invite a few new members to join our group. The next meeting is scheduled on the 14th of April 2015 2-4pm and it will take place at the University of East London. The book that we are reading is C. Wright Mills 'The Power of Elites'.

If you wish to join the group please email Maria at  [log in to unmask]

Best wishes
Maria