From: Catherine Donovan [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 28 January 2016 10:29
Subject: Request to help circulate information about new research

Good morning to you,

I hope this email finds you well. I'm writing to ask whether you would be willing to circulate information about a new piece of research I'm involved in with colleagues from Australia. It's the first to explore LGB and/or T human and companion animal relationships and aims to better understand the value and meaning that LGBT people accord to relationships with animal companions, the impact of animal companions on wellbeing, in addition to experiences of domestic violence and/or violence against animals.

In order to examine these issues, we have developed an online survey. Full details about the survey are available on the opening screen. This research has been approved by the Flinders University Social and Behaviour Research Ethics Committee (Project ID#) and the link to the survey is here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LGBTAVDV

If you are able and willing to tweet about this, a suggested wording might be:

Please consider completing this survey on lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people’s experiences of both human and animal companion relationships.  https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LGBTAVDV

Thank you for your support on behalf of the team: Dr Damien Riggs, Dr Nik Taylor and Dr Heather Fraser (Flinders University, Australia); and Dr Tania Signal (Central Queensland University, Australia).

Best wishes

Catherine

Catherine Donovan PhD
Professor of Social Relations
University of Sunderland
Faculty of Education and Society
Priestman Building
Green Terrace
Sunderland
SR1 3PZ
Tel: 0191 515 3218
Fax: 0191 515 3415

The BSA Gender Study Group mailing list is for the exchange of ideas and information related to any aspect of Gender Studies and scholarship. We do not undertake editorial control of postings; viewpoints and information posted to the list do not necessarily represent the views of the convenors or association. We encourage respectful communication on the list and ask that questions related to specific postings be directed to the appropriate party.