From: Applied Vision Association list [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Andrew Wilson [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 February 2016 09:58
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Visual search question; black on white vs white on black displays

Dear vision people

A social psychologist friend is planning a study involving visual search and was wondering:

“Do you know if there’s any bias in terms of detecting a light target against a dark background (e.g., a white dot against a black background) vs. perceiving a dark target against a light background?  Are people quicker to find the light in the dark, or the dark in the light?  Or is there no difference? Or does it depend on some heretofore unnamed other thing”

I don’t know anything off the top of my head; can anyone help?

Thanks!

-andrew

Dr Andrew D. Wilson (Web  ||  Blog  ||  Twitter)

School of Social Sciences, Faculty of Health & Social Sciences

Leeds Beckett University, Calverley Building, Portland Way,  Leeds LS1 3HE, UK

Phone: +44 113 812 5581 || Students: Book an Appointment