Dear vision people

A social psychologist friend is planning a study involving visual search and
was wondering:

"Do you know if there's any bias in terms of detecting a light target
against a dark background (e.g., a white dot against a black background) vs.
perceiving a dark target against a light background?  Are people quicker to
find the light in the dark, or the dark in the light?  Or is there no
difference? Or does it depend on some heretofore unnamed other thing"

I don't know anything off the top of my head; can anyone help?

Thanks!

-andrew

**********************

Dr Andrew D. Wilson (Web
<http://www.leedsbeckett.ac.uk/research/dr-andrew-wilson.htm>  ||  Blog
<http://psychsciencenotes.blogspot.co.uk/>   ||  Twitter
<https://twitter.com/PsychScientists> )

School of Social Sciences, Faculty of Health & Social Sciences

Leeds Beckett University, Calverley Building, Portland Way,  Leeds LS1 3HE,
UK

Phone: +44 113 812 5581 || Students: Book an Appointment
<https://www.google.com/calendar/selfsched?sstoken=UUk1NW1uZEhobDhqfGRlZmF1b
HR8N2UxM2RlYWRhYjExNWY0NzU2M2UxOTY4NTZhNjkwZDk>