Of possible interest to list members:

We are looking for a volunteer to spend two days a week in our archives, over a period of six months, to help us with our cataloguing project.

Quarry Bank is one of Britain’s most complete industrial heritage sites showing how a whole factory community lived. We are currently working on a major project to catalogue our archives and records, and during this project you will help us to sort, list and rehouse the historical business records of Quarry Bank Mill. This will also be an opportunity to work with teams across the property to enhance the visitor experience and increase access to our collections.

Ideally we are looking for someone who is serious about pursuing a career in archives and who is applying for, or studying towards, a relevant qualification. Travel expenses and lunch will be provided, as well as all necessary equipment and training.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me off-list.

To apply, or for more information, the listing can be found here:  https://myvolunteering.nationaltrust.org.uk/opportunity-view?id=5fd6cced-dc18-4fce-a6fe-c140c3e49ce3&distance=1.6

Angharad Gwilym

Archive & Collections Officer

Quarry Bank & Styal

Styal, Wilmslow, SK9 4LA

Tel: 01625445871

North email footer

The National Trust is a registered charity no. 205846. Our registered office is Heelis, Kemble Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire SN2 2NA. The views expressed in this email are personal and may not necessarily reflect those of the National Trust unless explicitly stated otherwise. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person. Senders and recipients of email should be aware that, under the Data Protection Act 1998, the contents may have to be disclosed. This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email. However the National Trust cannot accept liability for viruses that may be in this email and we recommend that you check all emails with an appropriate virus scanner. Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask]