“The Chronicle archive is remarkably full as a whole. It hasn’t moved since the 1920s, and no one has messed with it,” Hartlaub said in an interview. “But there are a few blind spots – archive subjects that were thrown away or misplaced/stolen from. And music is the biggest one. Most of the negatives for the biggest historic SF concerts – Beatles, Grateful Dead, etc. - have been taken from the archive, probably many years ago. I had looked for a negative pack of the Chronicle's 'The Last Waltz' photos, but wasn’t the least bit surprised the photos were apparently missing, and I never thought I would see them.”

http://exm.nr/1Tg4UoC
http://exm.nr/1Tg4UoC+

--
Peterk