The Statistical Genetics group of Prof. Dr. D. Metzler at the Ludwig
Maximilians-Universität (LMU) München (Munich, Germany) offers a

PhD Position for 3 years (65% TVL-E13)

for a researcher with a master's degree in

Statistics, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, or a related field.

(Exceptional candidates with a bachelor of honors (advanced degree) may
be considered.)

The successful candidate will work in the project

Population genetics of hematopoietic neoplasms

within the collaborative reseach centre "Genetic and Epigenetic
Evolution of Hematopoietic Neoplasms"
(DFG Sonderforschungsbereich SFB 1243,
http://www.sfb1243.biologie.uni-muenchen.de/index.html) and will have
the chance to earn the Dr. rer. nat. degree.

In this project we will combine stochastic modelling, computational
statistics, efficient algorithms, theoretical population genetics and,
to some extent, also programming. Applicants with experience in one or
more of these fields will be given priority. For more information about
the project please see
http://www.sfb1243.biologie.uni-muenchen.de/forschung/a16-metzler/index.html
.

The LMU Munich is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women to
apply. Handicapped candidates with equal qualifications will be given
preference. If you are interested, please apply via
http://portal.graduatecenter-lmu.de/ocgc/sfb1243
for the doctoral position in project A16. We will accept applications
until 20. February 2016.

Prof. Dr. Dirk Metzler
http://evol.bio.lmu.de/_statgen
pdf-version: