Write a Data Management Plan

University of Essex, Room 2N2.4.16, 14.00-16.00

Do you need to write a data management plan for your research grant application? Or does your institution encourage you to develop one?

UK Research Councils and other public funders see it as a priority to make research data available to users, and therefore for data to be managed well during research and shared afterwards. One way to achieve this is through a data management plan that funders request to be submitted with each research grant application.

During this workshop we will share the current data management requirements of UK and EU funding bodies. We will showcase tools, templates and examples you can use when developing a data management plan; and share practical tips and key issues to consider when writing a plan. We will also discuss how can you cost data management and sharing for your proposal. We will evaluate and discuss example plans and participants can develop a plan for their research project.

Further information and booking: https://www.ukdataservice.ac.uk/news-and-events/eventsitem/?id=4274

SIGNOFF allstat