Hi Colin,

Thank you for your advice. The computer is a whole new computer (although not actually brand new). But it is a bit strange as according to IT it has a faster processor and a better graphics card than the old one so everything in theory should work. Personally I think they are either telling little fibs about the graphics card (I don't know what was in the last one) or there's something just not set up properly. I will get them to give it a good clean up though as you suggested. The real problem is that I am the only Photographer in the organisation so basically IT don't know anything about the software and rather than admit that they are just making stuff up, like apparently 4GB of RAM would be far more than I need!!!

Thanks again, fingers crossed they'll take some notice of all this professional advice I'm getting.

Claire :-)