Answers below

On 1 February 2016 at 14:02, Angela McNeill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Colleagues

I am currently carrying out a review of Newcastle’s Extenuating Circumstances policy and procedures

I hope that you can spare a few moments to answer the following questions and I promise to circulate a summary of the responses I receive.

1.       Does your Personal / Mitigating / Extenuating Circumstances  procedure include extension requests or are these dealt with separately?

++Automatic 20 day extension for coursework if accepted.

2.       Do you allow students to self-certify that they are ill to gain an extension? If so do you have a maximum length of extension?

++Yes - and automatically 20 days

3.       Do you allow students to self-certify that they are ill to defer an examination?

++Yes

4.       Do you insist that all self-certificates are in advance of the deadline for submission/exam?

++No

5.       Do you have an on-line application form for students to submit for their Personal / Mitigating / Extenuating Circumstances

++Not yet but hopefully this year

6.       Do you allow school support staff to approve extensions to submissions?

++Above a certain grade, yes

7.       Do you allow school support staff to approve deferrals of examinations?

++Above a certain grade, yes

Many thanks, in advance, for your time and responses,

Angela

Angela McNeill,
Head of Student Progress Service,

Student Services,

Newcastle University.
Telephone: 0191 208 6122

Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.ncl.ac.uk/student-progress
Student Services welcomes feedback from students and other customers.  Your views about the service we provide are very important to us and will help us make improvements where required.  Please use this form to make any comments about the service you have received from us https://my.ncl.ac.uk/students/feedback.php

cid:image001.png@01CF99C9.1FC98350

--
George Allison
Assistant Registrar (Assessments and Student Regulations)