Dear colleagues,

We are finalising a Disability Leave policy for ensuring that time away from work related to disability is appropriately offered/captured/managed.   The intention is that this won’t be for disability-related sickness absence, nor for hospital appointments, both of which we manage through other mainstreamed processes, but for absence on other disability-related grounds such as treatment or support with aids/technologies.

Would anybody be able to share whether they operate such a policy (which could include one that does include disability-related sickness), and in particular whether you set any expectations at all around any trigger point (eg amount of hours or days per annum) at which a manager or HR might want to initiate any additional process and how this is managed?   If you do have any trigger or other set expectation around maximum absence time, it would be helpful to know what this is, and whether this includes for disability-related sickness or just disability-related other absence, to help us to ‘benchmark’.

Thank you and look forward to discussing/sharing – which could be via the list or offline via my direct email as preferred.

Best wishes,

Charlotte

~

Charlotte Kingsbury (Mrs)

0115 74 86326

People & Culture Officer (Equality, Diversity and Inclusion)

Human Resources

The University of Nottingham

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.