Yes it was

Ray

From: Accident and Emergency Academic List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Andrew Webster
Sent: 12 February 2016 19:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Agency Caps on Locums

That might have happened in an ED in Yorkshire

Sent from my iPad

On 12 Feb 2016, at 19:17, Doc Holiday <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have spoken with colleagues in other EDs about this.

One "tactic" which has been employed for when good locums no longer "bite" is to offer them a different role, e.g. ask a good STR1-level doc to do a ST4-level shift which is "created" for this purpose. Of course, once that person shows up, he/she will be working at whatever level they worked at before and are paid at that same rate as before - it's only labelled differently.

I am told that this idea was suggested by the agency...

Only a rumour, I guess...

  _____