I am planning to collect data on the location of tooth marks on my sample of carnivore-chewed zebra bones using GIS methods similar to the recent Parkinson et al paper in JHE http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0047248414002565. What I need is 4 views of each long bone – just an outline, really, of anterior/medial/lateral/posterior, though photos would be great as in Figure 3 in the JHE paper – to plot exactly where the tooth marks are. Any image files (.img, .jpg, etc.) should work, I assume I can convert to .img for GIS use (when I become proficient in it). I was thinking about just taking photos of my bones and drawing outlines around them as a last resort, but if what I am looking for already exists, that would be great because my artistic skills are nonexistent.

Thanks!

Briana

Dr. Briana Pobiner | Research Scientist and Museum Educator | Human Origins Program | Department of Anthropology | National Museum of Natural History | Smithsonian Institution | Phone: 202-633-1985 | website | facebook | twitter |