Hi Everyone

Delighted to publish an interview with Claudia Zieske, founder of The Walking Institute

http://www.talkingwalking.net/claudia-zieske-talking-walking/

I know many on the Network know Claudia well and some of you may even have ventured as far north as Huntly in north east Scotland - I cheated and walked with her around Whitechapel - far from nor as serene as rural Aberdeenshire!

Last year, with more activity going on with our Museum of Walking, I didn't get to publish as many Talking Walking interviews as I would have liked, but this year, my resolution is to aim for one a month - trying to stick to the 3rd Saturday of each month as a publication day.

For those new to Talking Walking - it all began at the Walking and Art residency in Banff where I was lucky to be surrounded by talented walking artists who were happy to walk and talk about their practice.  I recorded these interviews and started publishing them as podcasts the following year. Since then, intermingled with walking artists, are interviews with others who either work to improve the walking environment or who encourage us all to walk more.  If you know of someone that you think should be interviewed, then do let me know.  I have a few people I am hoping to interview, and still have 5 interviews yet to edit 'in the can', but I am always open to suggestions.  So far, no one or organisation has contributed to cover the costs...it is all done by me, and any cock ups are my fault!

With each podcast, there is a handy pdf to download, on which there are notes about items mentioned in the interview. And when interviewees tell me of what they are up to, I try to add a STOP PRESS item to their podcast page.

There are now more than 60 interviews published, with lot of tips and reflections offered by a diverse crowd of people, which I hope will be a handy catalyst and resource for you all.

Do spread the word and distribute the url.  If you can help publicise Talking Walking by mentioning at events you are running, inviting me to speak about it, or reviewing it, or simply tweeting / Face-booking it - all would be really helpful.

Best, for 2016, Andrew

ANDREW STUCK
Managing Director
Rethinking Cities Ltd
07725555460
http://www.rethinkingcities.net
@RethinkCities
Geovation Housing Challenge Finalist 2015

Producer - Talking Walking
http://www.talkingwalking.net
Founding Director of the Museum of Walking
http://www.museumofwalking.org.uk
@museumofwalking