Hi everyone,
I was promted by Tim Ingold's fantastic lecture at Birkbeck last night to update my (very loose) record of the impact of the walking artists network.
So, please let me know if the network (via this email list, or in any other way) has had an impact on you. Here are some examples, not exhaustive, do of course add anything else that comes to mind....

  *   Find out about opportunities for walking artists
  *   Gain a commission/exhibition/performance opportunity
  *   Participate in a workshop/seminar/conference
  *   Meet with/collaborate with/connect with others

  *   Answer questions, or provide references/research sources that have assisted your practice/research
  *   Frame your thinking or feed your ideas around walking (and related practices)
  *   Prompted you to undertake study e.g. Participate in a workshop, start a degree, propose a PhD
  *   Recruit a PhD student/post doc/member of staff
  *   Find a job
  *   Undertake research projects (funded or unfunded)

  *   Promote the work that you do
  *   Publish/exhibit/make public your work
  *   Connect with new audiences
  *   Commission/curate/connect with walking artists
  *   Write/develop funding bids

Please reply to me off list, I will attempt to provide some sort of summary!
Many many thanks,
Clare